Tuesday, July 17, 2007

iGot iPhone

Here is a quick update on some of my misadventures. We’ll start off with June 29, 2007. The 29th was the premiere of the Apple iPhone. Since it’s announcement in January, I have been setting aside money to buy it. I am what they call an “early adopter.” I waited inline for 1.5 hours in front of the AT&T store in Fashion Place Mall. Tensions were high and the nerds were on edge. Especially when the manager came out and told us that they didn’t have enough 8gig models for everyone in line. I got worried that my brother and I were going to get mugged when they told us that we got the last two 8gigs in the store. When nerds get angry bad things can happen.
After having the phone for a few weeks I have to say that it is everything that it claims to be. It is the most amazing piece of technology I have ever owned. And I was in need of an upgrade. Below is a picture of my previous phones. It is weird to think that these devices have only been around for a few years, but it’s even weirder to think of life without them. Ten years ago if I was on the go, and wanted to make a phone call, I would have to take the emergency quarter out of my shoe and find a payphone. To dial the number I had to rely on my memory. I used to have 30 phone numbers floating around in my head, now I can barely remember my home number.

No comments: